Wednesday, November 8, 2017

one like equals one birthday wish

"Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system."_ Sydney Hook
Who is the first educator you think of? What did you love so much about them? What makes them different from all the others who also say, "They're a teacher because they want to make a difference?" How thankful are you for this person? Are you smiling while thinking about them?

I think of my first grade teacher Ms. Mundy, who made elementary school so fun. The one who made adding and subtraction so fun. The one who gave the best hugs. But, am I smiling? No.
I think of my fourth grade teacher, Ms. Barrett. The one who helped me with math. The one who didnʼt get frustrated when I didnʼt understand the topic, but instead tried a new approach. The one who gave us extra recess. But, Iʼm not smiling. 
I think of my favorite middle school teacher, Miss McKee, the woman who inspired me to become a teacher, but made math confusing for me. Am I smiling? Partially. 
I think of all the people in high school who do make me smile. Sra. Saraceni, a teacher Iʼve had for 3 years who made me fall in love with Spanish. Mr. Uplinger, a man who I have much reverence for, but someone who I used to be scared of, is now my teacher. A man who is not just teaching me how to become a better public speaker, but someone who is helping me become a better person. Yes, I am smiling, but I want you to think of that educator who brings back such happy memories that your not just smiling, but kind of laughing. The person youʼre so thankful for. The person who helped you become the person you are today. If you follow our twitter account day 9 of “THANKFUL STANG GANG” shout outs is to the person that comes to me. For those who donʼt follow us the tweet said, “Day 9 of “THANKFUL STANG GANG” shout outs is from me to the birthday girl, mrs. Bruno, who puts the wonder in woman & is a lifetime mentor & friend.” 
Mrs. Bruno is the person that comes to my mind. The one who makes me smile ear to ear. The one who does it all, not just for me, but for everyone who comes into her life.
Below are not just birthday messages, but just some of the people she has touched:

1. “Thank you for your friendship and support. Enjoy your day. Hereʼs to 50 more.” Jennifer Okerson

 2. “Youʼre the nicest VP I know and itʼs an honor working/for you on Stang Gang. I appreciate all the hard work you do for this school! Happy Birthday, enjoy your special day!” James
Cernivani

3. “Mrs. Bruno is dedicated to everything and everyone she is involved with. She is a great person to work with. I would like to wish her the best birthday ever!”- Sue DʼOnofrio

4. “A “huge” Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bruno! A woman who is always reaching above the stars and has a heart of gold!”- Cheryl Campanaro 

5. “ happy birthday to someone who always puts her students before herself, but never her coffee!”- Kevin Flynn

6. “ hoping you have a great birthday and that we can make fun of Margo again!”- Margoʼs company

7. “I love when mrs. bruno says hello to me every morning with a big smile on
her face! Hope she has an amazing birthday on our day off!”- Ashley McGeown

8. “Life is too short, make sure you take time to stop and smell the roses.”- Paula Harrigfeld

9. “To my best friend- Happy Birthday!”- Bill Bruno 

10. “Happy birthday!! Hope you have an awesome day. You deserve it!!”- Michael Walsh 

11. “Happy birthday to you! Hope you enjoy your day!”- Marissa Hazel

12. “Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy every second of this day. It is well deserved!”-Matthew Levi

13. “Happy birthday Mrs. Bruno! I hope you enjoy this special birthday and year! =)”-Tiffany LoBraico

14.“ Happy birthday Jeannette!!! Wishing you a wonderful birthday and 50 more years of health and happiness <3”- Elena Andreacci 

15. “Jeannette, I wanted to find you the perfect present for your birthday. Then, I realized you are so old now that you certainly have everything you could ever want. No presents for you! Happy birthday! But, you make 50 look good!!” - Lindsay Fuchs 

16. “Happy birthday to the one whose heart shines through in everything she does & the one who impacts me most! Lots of love!”- Margo

17. “Happy 50th to my favorite fitness freak!”- Scott liptzin 

18. “Happy Birthday to the most wonderful woman in the world! We love you dearly and are so    blessed to be a part of your life.”- CJ, Cole, & Alicia

Why 18 and not 50? Is it because I didnʼt have enough time to get that many people to submit something? Maybe. But, in the Jewish world 18 is a lucky number. To make the number you use to letters and one of them being “chai”. Chai means life. Thatʼs why at Mitzvahs, weddings, and any Jewish occasion people say "Lʼchaim" because we are celebrating life. And thereʼs no one whoʼs life that is deserved to be celebrated more than this woman. The amount of lives sheʼs touched throughout her career is innumerable. The amount of smiles she has made is innumerable. The amount of hearts sheʼs touched is innumerable. The amount of people who will never forget her is innumerable. If I could get her on Ellenʼs show I would. If I could get her a billboard saying thanks I would. If I could show her how many people sheʼs inspired and made better people, I would. If I could put into words how sheʼs impacted me in these past few years, I would, but canʼt. So, for this big milestone in her life I did 5 different gifts. The 4th one was a Wonder Woman shirt. Why? Because in past articles I wrote that she is a superhero. That sheʼs a hero, but without a cape, like many other teachers. But she deserves an actual uniform and I chose that super hero because I always WONDER how a WOMAN could be so amazing...

Margo Greenbaum 

No comments:

Post a Comment